It shall be unlawful for any person licensed by the State of Kansas as a caterer to sell alcoholic liquor by the drink, to sell or serve any liquor by the drink within the city without obtaining a local caterer's license from the city clerk.

(Code 1998)

(a)   No caterer licensed hereunder shall allow the serving, mixing or consumption of alcoholic liquor between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on any day.

(b)   No alcoholic beverages or cereal malt beverages shall be given, sold or traded to any person under 21 years of age.

(K.S.A. 41-2614; Code 1998)

Prior to any event at which a caterer will sell or serve alcoholic liquor by the individual drink, the caterer shall provide written notice to the city administrator at least 24 hours prior to the event if the event will take place within the city. The notice shall contain the location, name of the group sponsoring the event, and the exact date and times the caterer will be serving.

(Code 1998)